Conversion of X1 axle
The problem: Mechanical curve-controlled auto-piercing units on SR2, SR3 and SR4 Herminghausen machines no longer function with sufficient speed or are no longer accurate enough to meet current standards in terms of dimensional precision. Procuring suitable control curves may be uneconomical, or the scope of curves required may be excessive.
Solution: Retrofitting the machine onto an axle driven by a servo-motor and ball screw
- The engine is connected to the machine base in a manner that facilitates servicing
- Eliminates all “curves” !!!!
- Links to the control of freely programmable piercing cycles
- Accelerates piercing cycles
- Vastly simplified set-up of the machine and grinding gap
- A greater degree of automation governing the finishing compensation of the grinding wheel
- Eliminates the risk of inadvertently operating the manual feed handle
- The adjustment precision is 0.1 my